Category Manager | Sæby
Searching for new challenges in a global company with a strong position in its fields worldwide? Do you thrive by ensuring cost efficiency and quality control in the procurement and category management process?
As a Category Manager at SKIOLD, you will have a unique opportunity to play an important role in our development and execution of our Category Management process. We are in the early days with establishing category management, so you will have a great opportunity to influence the development, and leave your footprint on the organization.
The position offers great opportunity for broad exposure in the organization, and you will work with the subcontractors in close collaboration with Category Management and our Supply Chain colleagues.
Welcome to Global Sourcing
Global Sourcing works with tactical and strategic sourcing to optimize cost and efficiency for our high-end solutions within agriculture, and we aim to create the best synergies across our 7 sites, hereof 3 sites abroad.
An important part of our development process
As category manager, you will be responsible for leading the development within Commercial Category Management, and for the timely sourcing of goods and services related to responsible category, ensuring that cost effectiveness is commensurate with quality. Sourcing is high on the agenda, so you will get a broad level of contact across the organization, and towards external suppliers.
Among other things, you will be responsible for: / Your main tasks are:
- Ensuring that all sourcing is in compliance with regulations and laws related to sourcing practices and in accordance with SKIOLD Group A/S standard processes & policies.
- Preparing specifications package for request for proposals, including terms and conditions and evaluation criteria.
- Preparing and developing bid documents and supplier bid lists to obtain competitive quotations for commodities and services.
- Supporting development and updates of Sourcing procedures and recommending changes to related standard practices; interpreting processes & policies for colleagues in their need to purchase supplies and services.
- Analysing current Sourcing activities and recommending improvement through more efficient sourcing methods, quantity discounts, standardization, value analysis and cooperative purchasing.
- Reviewing tenders and purchase award documentation with respect to quality, suitability, delivery and pricing.
- Interviewing current suppliers to improve levels of service and new suppliers to develop and establish new sources of supply.
- Collecting and reporting statistics to measure commodity and/or supplier performance.
You could have:
- Several years’ experience within Procurement & Category Management
- Preferably a technical background with a solid understanding of drawing material
- Experience in drafting commercial material, e.g. contracts, NDA, Code of Conduct, etc.
- Superuser in excel & ERP systems
- Good negotiation skills
In addition, you are a skilled communicator with excellent coordination skills who can work across professional groups. The job requires that you are structured, outgoing and that you have the ability to manage many different stakeholders.
Are you ready to be part of the team?
With us, you become part of an innovative environment with good opportunities for career development. We are a leader in our field, and you will therefore have a challenging everyday life, where you as a project participant will have the coordinating purchasing role, across our segments and organization.
About SKIOLD GROUP
With headquarters in Denmark, subsidiaries in 10 countries and an export ratio of 90% SKIOLD has grown into a large international company since the company was established in 1877. Today SKIOLD GROUP has 800+ employees and a turnover of 1,1+ bill. DKK.
You will become part of a global, market-leading company with technologically strong products in a growing industry. With a wide range of contacts in the form of colleagues, suppliers and other sites in the organization you will be part of a company with a strong culture and a good social and professional work environment characterized by great commitment among the employees. SKIOLD is experiencing great success and growth, so for the right person there is a unique development potential and ample opportunity to make a personal footprint.
For more details about the job or the company, please contact Head of Group Sourcing, Kim Jensen via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone on +45 2894 6336.
Please send your application as soon as possible to email@example.com